The Island



The Island
March 6, 2016

So I've followed S Usher Evans on Twitter for a while . She seemed pretty cool but I'd never read one of her books before. She tweeted about a Kickstarter she was running to back her upcoming book and I was like “Hey I totally support you. I'm going to back this.” So I did and I ended up with a copy of The Island.

I sat down a couple of weeks later and figured if I backed it I ought to read it. AND to my absolute delight it was a fantastic story. Theo is this kick a** pilot girl who has such a strong personality I loved her instantly! The Princeling (who has a name but we don't use it) is a seriously complex character.

Note: I kind of adore him too but I'll never admit it.

Second Note: A special shout out to Princelings brother who I seriously hope gets a bigger part in book two and turns out to be the guy I've made him in my imagination.
It did take me a couple of chapters to really get into the story but once I did I was ALL about it. The world building really picked up nicely. I wondered How were they going to survive ? Who would kill who first? Bunnies and wolves!
I don't want to throw spoilers out there but there were quite a few times I was saying
“ What the What?”
If you're thinking of reading The Island please do. Then let me know if you're team Theo … Or Team Princeling … So we can both know where this friendship stands.





























Biography


S. Usher Evans is an author, blogger, and witty banter aficionado. Born in Pensacola, Florida, she left the sleepy town behind for the fast-paced world of Washington, D.C.. There, she somehow landed jobs with BBC, Discovery Channel, and National Geographic Television before finally settling into a "real job" as an IT consultant. After a quarter life crisis at age 27, she decided consulting was for the birds and rekindled a childhood passion for writing novels. She sold everything she owned and moved back to Pensacola, where she currently resides with her two dogs, Zoe and Mr. Biscuit.




Evans is the author of the Razia series and Empath, both published by Sun's Golden Ray Publishing.

No comments :

Post a Comment