Books I've read in August

It seems I have been slacking a bit on the review posts so I've decided it was time to write a BOOKS OF AUGUST post.

Mini reviews of everything I've read so far this month:



It Ends With Us- Colleen Hoover

THIS BOOK WILL DESTROY YOU!
Seriously it was so so good, I considered never reading another Co-Ho again simply because it left me depressed and emotional for an entire week after I finished. That's how amazing it was. GO READ IT!






The Conspiracy of Us- Maggie Hall

The Conspiracy of Us was a fun read. It didn't take long but it was overall totally enjoyable. It was a fun adventure and I will absolutely be reading the sequel when I come across it. 



Maid of Secrets- Jennifer McGowen

Oh My gosh, I can't tell you how much I LOVE this book. It was everything I ever wanted and I can not wait to get my hands on the next two! Beatrice & Meg & Jane !!! I just so much love! If you like political, historical YA This book is totally for you.







See How They Run- Ally Carter

Okay so Ally Carter books are like my guilty pleasure books minus the guilty. Full of adventure & Fun and Spies! I enjoyed this one and I Loved how Ally brought Grace's brother Jamie into the story. The plot twists kept me guessing until they very end!


Scythe- Neal Shusterman


Okay So I received an ARC of Scythe and for a moment I considered DNF'ing. It started slow-ish and I wasn't sure I would be able to get into the world. Then the first turning point happened and I was hooked! This book really makes you think about life,death, and morality. I am ready to go buy ALL of this authors books. I've already read an excerpt from another one.



The Heir- Keira Cass

The Heir by Keira Cass will forever hold a special place in my heart. I read it one Saturday night- Yes all in one night- when I was having a really hard time with some things. It was the perfect escape book. I worried I wouldn't be into it, because I mean how could she possible top the Selection series,  but I had a really good time with it. It pulled me out of the Dark place I was in and set my world back on it's axis. So thank you Keira for sharing your awesome with the world!



Extraordinary October- Diana Wagman

Okay so I haven't actually finished this one yet. Honestly I am having a hard time focusing on it. A lot of it seems so far fetched, but the author does a great job hooking you in and making you wonder just what the heck is actually going on. I am looking forward to see where she is going with the premise and I fully believe at this time that it will be a pleasant surprise. I really want to see it through to the end because I need to know what is going on with this poor girl and just who these people are that I mostly want to kick in the shins.


Long May She Regin- Rhinnon Thomas

I Loved this book. It seemed as though it was sort of aiming at the younger end of the YA genre but it didn't matter in the least. In fact it may have made it more enjoyable. The author creates this beautifully flawed MC and you can't help falling in love with her. There are secrets and betrayals and Science galore. Rhinnon has written a book that I would love to share with my daughters.  It is well written, the world is vivid and imaginative and the characters are complex.

No comments :

Post a Comment