Q & A – With Jodi Meadows - Author of The Orphan Queen & The Mirror King



Q & A – With Jodi Meadows - Author of The Orphan Queen & The Mirror King
April 8, 2016
Hey Guys,


So in case you haven't heard...or live under a rock (which would be pretty cool & I'd like to visit if that's okay) the sequel to our beloved Orphan Queen is just days away from being released to the public! That's right... The moment we've all been waiting for! The Mirror King is about to hit shelves EVERYWHERE! Excuse me while I flail !!!
Jodi is easily one of the sweetest people EVER and I was lucky enough to be allowed to pick her brain and Bring you this exclusive Q&A! ( Insert round of applause). Without further ado I give you The Mirror King!


(Well okay.... I give you a photo of the cover, but it's a REALLY good cover People!)



Q&A – With Jodi Meadows


*What is the most challenging aspect of writing for you? Characterization, feelings, setting etc..

Insidious plots. You might be surprised to learn this, since I'm getting a reputation for causing readers such pain, but figuring out what the super tricky bad guys are up to is pretty difficult for me.


*Feeling peckish? What is your go to writing snack for those really tough scenes?

I wish I could say cookies, because I love cookies so much. But I also love when my pants fit correctly. So generally it's just water. Or coffee, if I'm on a deadline. Or it's winter. Or I just want coffee. How many cups is too many cups?

*No spoilers, but the end of Mirror King was intense! Did you always have the end of MK and the Wil's story planned out or was it something that came to you as you wrote?

I knew overall where the series had to end, but I did not have it planned out from the beginning! I wish I had. I think writing The Mirror King would have been a lot easier if I'd taken the time upfront!


*What has been the most rewarding part of being a YA author?*

People reading my books and responding to them in strong, passionate ways. It floors me that anyone can love these books as much as I do -- it really does! And seeing people have such intense reactions to the series brings me such joy. Not (only) for the pain and suffering the end of OQ caused readers (though admittedly, that was delightful), but because I loved writing these books. It's nice to see people love reading them.

*We all know how much I Love James, which one of the characters in Mirror King is the most dear to you and why?

Probably Wilhelmina. She's the main character, so she has to be very special to me in order to reach main-character status. I just adore her toughness, her willingness to do what's necessary, and her complete loyalty -- once it's been won.

*Now that Wil's series has come to an end, is there anything you can tell us about your future books? What can we readers look forward to?

My next project doesn't have a title yet, just a code name (Cell Story), but it does have dragons. And romance. And lots of different islands said to be the gods who fell from the heavens.






*That's all for now! I can't wait to hear what you all think of the Mirror King. I hope you all will love it as much as I did. I also hope your heart is full of forgiveness, because after reading, you're going to need it.*


!!!PREPARE FOR THE FEELS!!!


P.S I thought this was going to post on 4/2 ..... So all that stuff I said about it hitting shelves soon is no longer a thing... It's OUT !!! Run, Skip, Fly, Teleport, Hoverboard whatver you've got to do to get to your nearest & dearest bookstore and go snag yourself a copy! Your soul will thank you, even if your heart doesn't.

No comments :

Post a Comment